Sunday, March 20, 2011

Commitment to Prayer and Evangalism

Our Vector Control (Dog Catcher, Bug Killer, etc) yesterday hurt his ankle pretty bad. He was checking his vehicle late in the evening to make sure he had locked it up and that the Dispatch Paperwork was completed. As he returned from the parking area he cut between a container and a tent and ended up tripping over the tent rope and twisting his ankle, real good. He could barely walk in the morning and apperently when it happend in the evening he could only crawl back to the Medics office as he could not get up on his feet.

Vector is a good guy. He takes his work seriously. He is a little rough around the edges but for the most part he doesn't swear or act up in any way. I saw Him in the morning and offered my help to him as he was having trouble getting around. That is how I found out about the incident. I offered any assistance during the day that I could because he needed it, of course he refused but thanked me. Throughout the day, I checked on him, poking my head through his door, offering to get him a heating pad if needed. Each time again refusing, the help but thanking me for checking.

At around 1500, I walked out to go check on the guys and see what was going on in the Department. As I came over to the offices there stood Robert with another Kenyan man. After a hug to Robert he introduced me to his friend. As I turned, here came Vector, hobbling and using his snake grabber as a cane, from the bath rooms. I turned back to robert and said, look at him, he can barely walk, I think he needs your prayer.

You see Robert prays a healing prayer and the last time that I saw him do it, for a broken wrist, the person was healed. Not only any person, but Chaplin Reagule who was injured on a convoy when she first arrived here. Robert after seeing her cast prayed over it, and her wrist, and the next day the Chaplin had her cast removed, she was not in pain, and she was healed, confirmed by her testimony and the Doctors bewilderment. So I knew if anybody could help Vector it was Robert, and Robert agreed. Robert was also the man that God sent me on the third day in Afghanistan when in my mind I was defeated. Robert also prayed over me, and from that moment on I was strengthend and have been here for nine months now. I believe in the Spirit working through his prayer.

So here is the neat part, watching Robert speak to Vector. He is an evangalist and when he speaks you can see why. He doesn't parse words and he trusts the word and authority that God has given us and he goes right at it. As Vector came up and stepped up onto the deck, Robert said, "my brother, you are injured, I would like to pray for you". This took Vector by surprise as he looked at me. I said "you should let him because it will work, he will heal your leg". Like any good person he said "oh no, you don't need to waste your prayer on me. Pray for somone else." He was uncomfortable.

Robert, without missing a beat, said to him "No, I wish to pray for your healing. God has made you perfect and he wants you to be healed. This is evil that has caused you to be injured and we will rebuke that evil." Let me tell you, Robert speaks with authority. It makes me uncomfortable at times as it is unusual to hear in such a manner. Vectors response was as you could imagine, wasn't going to have it. He actually said that he was not rightt with God and that he didn't think that God would help him. Roberts response was this, "let me stand in the gap then for you. I will pray in the name of Jesus and you will be healed." Intercessory prayer 101! I love this stuff.

"No, no" said Vector but Robert slowly placed his hand up on Vectors shoulder and the man stood still and bowed his head. He stopped talking and bowed his head. Right there on the deck near the offices, Robert began to pray over this man. I raised my right hand in agreement and stood and listened to Robert give it his all. The Blood of Jesus. Rebuking satan. Healing for this man. Bam! Robert gave it everything and ended it wit a laying on of his hands to the mans leg proclaiming that he was healed. Vector raised his head and thanked Robert. Robert blessed him.

This is faith in action. This is evangalism, intercession and wittness to our faith all in one. I don't know if Vector is healed. I don't know if he believes he can be healed. What I do know is that man bowed his head and for that few minutes as Robert prayed tha man was in fellowship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. There was no way that his mind could not be reflecting on the words that Robert spoke. There is no way that he could not have been in some way wrestling with his faith, do I believe or don't I? Robert did stand in the gap at that moment and a field was plowed and the soil broke by the planting of a seed.

Only God will know and decided where this leads, if healing will occur, maybe even if the healing that occurs is not in his leg. Only God knows the ultimate plan for Vector and this moment. But this is what we are called to do. To take each opportunity to be faithful and glorify God in it. To be a light even in the darkness. To stand firm in our beliefs even if those around us see it as foolishness. I hope to be as couragious as Robert one day. How about you?

Lord, first I pray continued healing, of mind body and soul for Vector. Allow that prayer and this one to stand in the gap for him between this world and you father. I also pray that I bolster the courage as my Brother Robert has to be a faithful wittness to you father. I hope this also for the Body Lord, may they be strengthend. In your precious and Holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment