Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Year Plan Completed

Today I am getting to the Blog very late as the interent was out on the Flight Line this morning.  I hope I didn't miss Brother David who I believe is always the first to read the Blog. 

Speaking of Brother David, yesterday I finished the one year Bible reading plan that he had given before I had left for Afghanistan.  I started the day that I left home last year and ended nine days ahead of schedule. The plan brings you through the Old Testiment once and the New Testiment twice in the year.  I am very pleased that I was able stick with this plan and actually look forward to starting it again for this year.

I know that many people don't like this type of reading of the Bible feeling that it makes it a choir and does not allow for meditation of the scriptures.  For me I have made it that my meditation and study comes in addition to reading in this way.  Reding through it I know that I have read the Word of God in it's entirety and with that placed it into myself. That my wisdomhas grown and that over time He will better be able to reveal Himself to me as I walk for Him. 

This morning, I was also given an opportunity to wittness to a man that works here at the ADACG.  I have known him for a while but have never engauged in much converstaion with him.  Because of the internet being down and flights being a little slow we were both sitting in the smoke pit, I reading and he smoking.  He happened to mention that his wife was having some difficulties at home and was looking forward to him returning next month on an R&R.  As the conversation progressed and I listened I prayed for an opportunity to wittness to Him. 

After several minutes of listening I metioned God as being who he should place his trust in and through that have a relationship with Jesus Christ.  He then spoke of many occurences in his life that had caused him to loose his faith in God.  Like many people he could not understand how a "good God" could allow bad things to happen, and he had seen a lot of bad.  Ultimately our converstaion focussed on the personal relationship that is needed and the faith that that brings us to in God and His soverigntey.

I love when this happens and I will tell you that when he first sat down I put my book to the side and thought that I would wait until he left to begin reading again.  It was at first going to be a distraction to me until I purposed myself and prayed for the opportunity that did come.  he pace that my heart was in had a lot to do with me hearing and obeying or passing by the opportunity without a thought as to its occurance.

So I will end with wishing you all well and asking you for some additional prayer for me in these last few days here at the Base.  I will be drastically winding down here, not working anymore from today forward and just dont want the Devil to have his playground in anyway.  Thanks in advance for those prayers.

Lord, T=thank you for keeping in my heart the committment to read your word this year and maiking the goal to do it in one year.  Also thank you for the switch in my heart to be open and willing to wittness to this man today. May seeds have been planted and hopfully grow within him and bring him back to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment