Thursday, June 9, 2011

At The Flight Line

At the Airfield I have been pleasantly relaxing to tell you the truth.  I have offered to do whatever I could which has resulted in basically a passenger service guy.  Each time a plane comes in I walk out to it and get the passengers off and back to the PAX Terminal in one peice.  Other then that most of the other jobs are technical in nature and therefore beyond my current abilities.

I do find it very cool that I can be so close to some of these aircraft.  The C-130's still amaze me.  I usually stand just thinking that when in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be standing here.  To stand behind the engines as they are still running, the exhaust hot against the skin and the prop wash almost to strong to bear.  Way, way cool!

Today, the Air Force was doing a FOD walk of the flight line.  This is Foriegn Objests and Debris, stuff that will mess up the engines and tires and such of the planes needs to be picked up.  With this I was able to see the base Commander briefly.  He knows I am leaving soon and asked how many days I had left.  I have know him since I arrived at the base, and he always stops to shake your hand or say hello.  Also spoke for a while with the Sgt Major.  He also has always been very friendly to those around the base.  They both will also be leaving soon so we are all in the same mind set.

In refernce to these two men, they both, along with most of the others in leadership here a faithful men.  Most come on a regular basis to the Sunday services at the Chapel and when you speak with them they quite frequently make reference to God and His working in their lives.  I figure that with the responsibility that they have there is great reverence for the Lord in each of them.  They understand more so what life is and more importantly who God is.

So I am making the best of these last few days before I pack up my belongings.  Being here at the flight line is anjoyable and has allowed me to see people I might not have seen before I left.  It is also a nice way to wind down and concentrate on what I need to do next week.  Next week I will spend saying my goodbyes to all those that have become my friends over this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment