Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Last Twenty One Days!

Well as you all know I relinquished my position as Transp[ortation Manager here at FOB Shindand over to my replacement last week.  At that point I moved over to the CRSP (Central Recieving and Shipping Point) Yard to watch the shop here as the Foreman was on R&R and the Supervisor was just going on R&R.  You need to have a leadership presence so the Military doesn't think that the workers are just on their own.  Today, the Foreman will be returning so probably tomorrow or Monday I will be moving again over to the ADACG (never figured this acronym out), anyway it is the Air Cargo and Passenger Terminal to help out there for a week.

So going to the ADACG will bring another change for me, the daily routine disrupted as it was coming to the CRSP Yard.  In these last days of my time here change is not the top thing on my list to do.  Being in the CRSP Yard has allowed me to sleep in a little later but the convienace of praying out at the flight line has gone away.  I now find some time when I get to the Yard to do that.  The travel also over here has been a disruption, by car twenty minutes, by bus forty minutes due to condtruction of the STRAT Ramp for the C17's which has in essence cut us off from the rest of the Camp.  We must travel the long way back to our LSA.

The ADAGC will be half as close but there I will be doing whatever needs to be done, a worker bee I hope.  That will mean to some extent learning some new tasks and proceedures so I am not just getting in their way.  I have discussed with the Supervisor that I will still like to get to Church on Sundays and if I could dinner at 1700 until Seth leaves and she agreed.  I am not sure however about being able to get to my other activities at the Chapel though, it will depend on my hours. 

I will spend one week at the ADACG and then use the last week to pack, although I have sent home most of what will be going already.  I will basically use the last week to say goodbye to everyone and finalize my time here.  There are a lot of people that I at least what to get addresses from and then also spend a little more time with the people I have grown close to here, like Mohammad and several of the Soldiers.

If all plans out right I will be in Kandahar by the 20th and then out of there on the 23rd.  I will ask for prayer during those days as Kandahar is a pit and every time I have been there I get the bad feeling, it is evil in its own right.  It would be nice to get in and out without any rocket attacks also, just dont like the thought of that so close to getting home.  It would be just aweful to be the guy who almost made it home.  God will has determined that so I guess if it does happen it was meant to be. 

Once I leave Kandahar at land in Dubai I am no longer the Companies responsibility.  I am on my own from that point on.  Me being conservative, I booked a hotel close to the airport and plan on having a day of rest for the most part before boarding my plane home on the 25th.  Looking so forwrd to that flight, so forward to seeing my family and those who I have missd over this year.

So withing the next 21 Days I have nothing but one small change after another all leading up to the day I have looked forward to since I got here last June, Home again. 

Lord, bless these remianing days with fellowship and joy.  Open my heart to all those here that I habve come to know and allow us to share our last moments together in anticipation of our future hopes.  Bring safe travel to me and a settled Spirit during the change.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment