Monday, June 6, 2011

Into The Teens

Into the teens I go!  Eighteen days today left until I will be home.  I do actually think the days are slowing down on e.  Is that possible?

There has been another change so I am forced to do things a little different.  I am at the ADACG now starting yesterday and because of that my schedule has changed again.  Each morning they get on a bus at 0630 and head around to the Airfield.  Last week I didn't have to report until 0730 to the CRSP Yard. Also I do not have an office at the ADACG so I can not plug the computer in and write my Blog as I usually have done each morning.  Fo rthis week at least I will have to squeeze the Blog in to some time before I leave for work.

Like I said yesterday I worked, if you want to call it that, at the ADACG.  I pretty much just helped out where I could all day.   This meant that I would basically walk out to the Aircraft and if there were passengers, direct them off the plane and over to the PAX Terminal.  Being that this doesn't take any special qualifications it was probably the only thing I could really do.  Other then that I sat and read my book and helped some people out getting themselves situated for flights.

I did see many people that I know which was nice, most leaving or coming from R&R.  That is the one benefit to being over at the ADACG is that it is the central hub for inbound and outbound movement.  At one point the Base Commender cam by.  He stopped and asked if I was leaving already as he thought I had more time here.  I told him I was just working over here for the week but had two remaining on the Post. 

I was for the most part boring however, filling time can have it's draw backs.  I kept wondering what I would do once I finished this book.  I thought that it would last me through my travel home but I should finish it today if it was anything like yesterday.  I packed up all of the other books I planned on reading in the trunk I already sent home.  I am hoping that my Kindle has a treasure in it but I hate to have that out and about here as the dust gets into everything.  I ended up leaving the ADACG around 1430 and coming back over to my room.

Lastly, dinner last night was different, Seth was not there.  He was able to get out with his unit yesterday and at this time should be enjoying a little more civilized and friendly atmosphere in a country to the North.  I am sure he is very pleased but for me the table was empty for most of the meal.  I got used to the conversations and time with Seth, and I guess will get used to eating now without him. 

Lord, may the time just fly by over the next eighteen days.  In that however please don't let me miss each opportunity that you may bring before me.  Also, let each meeting that I may have with a friend be a great moment and our inevitable partings not be a goodbye but a so long.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment