Sunday, June 19, 2011

The End Of This Journey

Well, we have come to the end of this journey together.  After three hundred and forty eight posts, this will be the last from Afghanistan.  I have thought about this day for quite some time, how do you end something that has been part of almost everyday that I have been here.  How do you say so long and wrap things up into a nice complete little bundle.  The answer that I came up with is, I don't know!  I don't know what this should be, and what will come next.  I am pretty sure however that I will continue to Post here, once I have settled back home as all of this will definately have a "rest of the story."

As for this year, I certainly hope that you all have experienced through me a walk with the Lord.  I hope you have seen past only the things that I have done and seen what the Lord did through me and with me.  I hope that by reading of what has occurred this year here, that something has also occurred with you, that my words have been considered when read, and made changes in all of you along with those that you saw in me.

I pray that my time here, with all of its ups and downs, ultimately bears fruit for the Kingdom of God and my Lord Jesus Christ. If only for one person that my time here made a difference.  That through me, just a fleating instance someone was given the mustard seed that will grow in to tremendous faith for the Lord.  I want to know this, but I may never until the day that I face the Lord in Heaven.

I hope that my writing showed that we Christians are not perfect, that we struggle and go through life with all of the same external and many more internal struggles as anyone else.  That I am not above anyone else but here with everyone else, living in this world, wrestling with all of its sin.  I hope that you have seen that as a Christian I am given hope and set free from the snares that bind to this world.  That I seek to honor the Lord in all things first, that I may fail at this, but I know that He is faithful to recieve me in my repentance.

I hope that you saw the power of the Lord Jesus Christ in my life.  That in times of my greatest struggles it was only Him that gave me strength to continue on.  That only He allowed Catherine and I to remain faithful and to endure through this.  I hope that throuh my words you all know Jesus Christ a little better.  Only by His grace in my life could this day have arrived.

I aslo Hope that you have seen the power of the Lord Jesus Christ in the lives of others.  That you have seen that He is the Living God, who was raised from the grave and sent the Holy Spirit to us to dwell in the hearts of all who believe in Him.  That we are set free from our sin and can live in freedom from this world and hope of heaven.  that God offeres His free gift of Grace through faith in the truth of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:16

Jesus Commissions the Eleven

16 But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped [him]; but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

I hope not just this year, but in all years to come, all instances, in everything that I do I may honor the Lord Jesus Christ in what He has asked me to do and each person that calls Him Lord and Savior. To be a wittness to Him and go make Disciples of all nations. 

Be well all, God Bless each of you and may the Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit be in your hearts and lead your lives in all things.

Lord Jesus, I ask that the seeds that I have sown, now be watered and grow.  That all that have read or will read my words know you more, know you as Lord and Savior.  Watch over this Camp, and all those that remain here.  In your name Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment