Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monday Night Prayer Group

 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7


With hearts full of the Lord these men have gathered every week for the past year here at Camp Shindand.  Started by Robert and myself as a way to offer prayer and worship time for men that worked jobs that did not allow them time for Church, it has lasted and grown. 

It has been incredibale being able to share this time with these men and others over the past year.  I have seen a diffent style or prayer and tesimony within a small group setting.  It is a time as I could have imagined with the original churches as there is no set program, no script just open form.  Be it a song, or prayer, or a testimony of the Lords working to the group, each man is afforded time to bring the word to the others in whatever way he so desires.  I have never left this group empty of the Spirit or raised up to the Lord.

Over this year many have come and gone from us Richard and Phillip, Senoti, Charles and many others who will all be part of the memory of the group. I hope that each man that has come and gone will have the same memories that I now have.  That the blessings that have come from this will remain forever.  I have three sonds that stay with me now that I use during prayer time, simple, but perfect to set my heart before the Lord.  That is one of the gifts.  We also now have the gift of fellowship and Brotherhood, something that will remain for eternity.

Last night will be the last time that I gather with these men in this setting here at FOB Shindand.  Again it was bitter sweet for me.  I held Robert as the other men laid hands on me for my safe journey and return home.  I however pray that this not be the last time that I see these men.  I ask the Lord to bring us together again, even with grey hair and grand children, so we may worship and pray once more.

Lord Jesus, bless each man that is represented in this photo.  Continue to be with themm as the remian here, protecting them.  Allow this group to remain forever and to be the blessing it was for me to any who enter into it.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment