Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The View is Magnificant

Seek the Lord and His strength, seek his face continually.
1 Chronicles 16:11

I have been in a place where I have no where else to turn. Nothing here that I could do would allow me to be settled and free from the agony of the ache, the lonliness. I have been in a place where not my wife or family could help me get out of. It is a deep and dark place when you have nothing to cling to.

The great lesson though that I learned from that place is that there is one thing that will bring me out, that is the face of Jesus Christ. It is, and has been, the rock in which I may always grasp when everything else around me is stinking of death and destruction. I have found that the more I am able to look upon Him, the more that my burdons are shed and that I can survive through anything.

This is the biggest lesson that I have learned here in Afghanistan, there is no other thing that I can trust in to take care of me like Him. Everything else will fail me, lie to me, not love me, allow me hurt or pain, whatever else you can think of. This is because everything else falls short of His glory. No matter how pure it is it will not ever reach His purrness, and goodness.

I was able to learn that lesson here, through miserable trial and error. Days of just awful pain and hoesickness and having to work it out step by step as I made the journey. I have passed each emotion, stopped at all of my fears, looked opon my failures all to bring me to a place where I can see clearly the magnificence of His face. Being able to go to that place consistantly is one of the greatest rewards of my time here.

See the difference is the circumstances of suroundings. If you are afforded a parchute each time you have a struggle, merely a simpathetic hug, a pill, alcohol, whatever it may be, you will not seek the truth that is in Gods word and the example of Jesus Christ. You will never trust past what brings you the first repreve. So at home I had thousands of outlets and diversions, here only a few choices. Stripped of all the needless feel good items I had to turn to Him. What a difference that has made.

Seek the Lord, seek Him first and foremost. Seek Him almost selfishly as anything that gets in your way of seeing His face must be cut down. Once you get to Him it will be breathtaking, once you cut the path and remove the obstacles the journey will be light and easy and you will enjoy it more and more. You will look to enjoy it continually as it will become the best, safest most comfortable place you can be.

Lord Jesus, your are beutiful. I gaze opon you and you hands rest on my head as I weap in my humility before you. May this place be part of all of our lives. A place that we may all find. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment