Monday, February 7, 2011

A Glorious Update

I want to start off with a little update, and to say that sometimes we forget the things that truly matter in our Christian walk. Today I saw Naveen, again, after a while. He is the man from Nepal that would came to the Lord so many months ago after he first arrived here at Shindand. I have seen him several times at the DFAC where he works and briefly said hello, engauging in small conversation. This Sunday, after a long abscense from Church because of his schedule, Naveen was able to attend.

It was good to see him again amungst all of us and I was able to talk a little more with him. His faith is still growing and he reads the Hindi Bible that I got for him often. I also saw him again today and took the opportunity to encourage him a little more. I had forge=otten the importance of this to our faith. I told Naveen, that he would forever be a part of my memories as a Brother who has come to the Lord before my eyes. That no matter what else that we would be connected with each other for that reason.

He then encouraged me with words of kindness that made me blush, he called me Father, in which I corrected and said that I was only his Brother, that we were equal and that God was our Father. In this he agreed. He stated that he is still reading and praying and is having a relationship with the Lord. It is so wonderful to see the smile and humility as he speaks. It was good to be reminded of what is truly important in our lives.

There should be no other purpose for us here on this earth but to wittness Jesus Christ to others. We should not be caught up in the things that take us away from that, as I am now more often then not. Our focus and dedication must be back to that and that only.

Lord Jesus, the reminder of my purpose here is very much warrented. Knowing what truly matters, setting that back in my heart. There is no more glorious feeling then to see a believer born and growing. To know that the fruits of my labor have saved a man from death and brought one more soul into saving knowledge of you. MAy I have this purpose, as the only purpose in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment