Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A little about the job.

I am, or will be the Transportation Manager for and FOB here in Afghanistan. Forward Operating Base. Basically responsible for outbound shipments of materials to the smaller FOBs and I believe the buses that run around the base and their maintenance. They move everything by local trucking, Jingle Trucks as they are called due to all of the decorations. Anything from a box of pens to 60k cranes. It can be very busy and it has to work hand in hand with the Materials side of the site. They control the Material Orders and packing. There will be lots of opportunity for improvment as you can imagine with the amount of equipment and the uptake at the bases.

I am seeing the opportunities that exist for improvements. Many hands are supposed to make light work... I will put my skin in the game and do what I can, and what I think should be done to improve the support to our customer, the Troops. God willing I can make a difference.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (dang, i deleted 2 post's, cuz it posted strangely)
    Takes Me Back 15 yrs. reading bout Logistics Material Handling/Shipping & Transportation. Sure you Have HAZMAT certification Already. Pick Up Any 'Driver' Quals they have on Offer. ie. Crane, Fork... But again, maybe you got them.

    A number of times, IAP & Other Co. Asked if I Would Interview/Apply to go do the same job (at a lesser level) as Your Running. I'm Allergic to DUST Though!!!Cheers Big Brother,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, i am trying to take it all in and get everything I can from this experience.

    I believe that we are all alergic to this dust as it tends to clog up up pretty good.

    ReplyDelete