Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DAY THREE AND STILL IN TEXAS. I AM MEETING PEOPLE OF ALL TYPES AND ALL REASONS FOR GOING OVER TO AFGHANISTAN. I AM LEARNING ALOT ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT OVER IN COUNTRY. IT WILL BE AS MOST WOULD EXPECT IT TO BE AND YOU MUST KEEP YOUR HEAD AND KEEP SAFE. OUR TRAING TODAY FOCUSED ON FIRST AIDE AND WHAT TO DO IN THE FIRST TWO MINUTES OF A TRAUMA TO SAVE SOMEONE AND YOURSELF IF NEEED. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CARRY YOUR OWN MEDICAL KIT TO BE USED BY SOMONE ON YOU IF SOMETHING HAPPENS. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH A FIREFIGHTER WHO IS A CHRISTIAN. IT IS PRETTY COOL AS WE SEE THINGS THROUGH THE SAME LENS. IN SPEAKING OF TRAUMA WE KNOW THAT GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH. HE HAS BEEN OVER SEVERAL TIMESAMD HAS EXPLAINED THE DIFFICULTIES WITH IT. ON ANOTHER ASPECT OF THIS I PRAYED FOR A GRUFF MAN WHO HAD SOME DIFFICULTIES AND WHEN I TOLD HIM HE REACTED BY THANKING ME TWICE FOR IT. IT OPENED A GOOD DIALAUGE ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOD. NOTHING HEAVY BUT ENOUGH TO SWITCH HIS MIND FROM CURSEING AND WOMAN TO HIS PLACE WITH GOD. I THANK THE LORD FOR THAT OPPORTUNITY. ENOUGH FOR NOW.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you, Mike! Can you do it without all caps? Maybe that's hard on the mobile. At any rate, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it "Afghan I stand" or "help, I've been Afghanistand!"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all the caps. For some reason it sated like that so I went with it. That post took about a half hour with the little mobile keybord on the Ipod Touch, bare with me. I do not know how the kids type so quickly on these things!

    As for the name it was thefirst thing that ce to mind. Got any good suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I think the name is great! Yeah, I understand about the caps. It's gotta be hard trying to type that much on the mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you, Mike. Look forward to your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you. We (Michaele & I) saw Kathrine today in church and she is doing fine, all smiles, but had a liittle concern about your next step. I assured her that no movemment will happen if there is a chance of problems, and that seemed to encourage and ease her mind. She said the kids are doing fine. I'm sure you know all this, but it helps hearing it from an outside source. On another note, breakfast was a little slower then usual, but we did have about 35 guys, and some regulars were not there. We do miss you ... God Bless, brither, and we we will keep ou in our prayers.. donm...

    ReplyDelete