Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blessings from God.

Monday God blessed me with several Christians to help me make it through the day. This after Sunday evening when I really felt as if I wasn't going to make it. Catherine had preyed for me in the middle of Macy's and then the Prayer Team was called in for the assist.

Anyway, Monday morning the man who is training me spoke to me about he and his wife's renewed faith in Christ after some tough times. The story was a great testimony to the Lord in his life and made me cry.

Later in the morning one of the Kenyans saw my 3:16 bracelet and commented on how much he liked it. I explained that it was the day I was baptized. This was John, and then the older man Robert began to ask if I were a christian. He is an Evangelist in his country and the other two young men are new Christians.

I explained my struggles of the night before and Robert began to Preach to me of Gods Blessing even in the time of greatest struggle. We had several minutes of great conversation and Robert ended this with a laying on of his hand and a prayer for me and our families. They explained that they had never had an opportunity to speak the Gospel or pray like this before while in Afghanistan. John explained that in the mornings he likes to walk the yard and pray for all of the equipment and for the safety of the men.

Later they taught me how to say you are blessed by God, I will attempt to spell it here. Umbarekiwa na mungo. To say be blessed by God you would drop the Um at the front of the sentence.

By the end of the day I was feeling much better. I had started to see what the job would entail and what would need done at the FOB I am going to. The word of God, prayer and the companionship of others is so important here. This is so very similar to the Christian walk. If you try to stand alone you will be lost and in the through of Satan's domain. Only through the help of Jon,Robert, John and the third Kenyan Moses (Musa)along with the intercession of Catherine and the prayer Team was I able to move into the glory of God. Not alone but as a community!

And for the icing on the cake that evening I read 2 Timothy 4, which had two verses stand out 4:5 and 4:18, both very directed at the situation I was in that day Dad, you may need to grab your bible to look up the verses, please do!

With that I will end with this. I awoke at 3:30 in the morning and called my men's group, they were meeting at 7:00 at Steve's Bubs house. We were able to speak and I shared the blessing's of the day. They are very supportive and even 7,000 miles away we are finding a way to fellowship and Disciple. No excuses now!

I just reiterate that God will always provide those who believe in Him and His son Jesus Christ refuge and solice. He will never leave or forsake us.

God Bless You all.

14 comments:

  1. Greetings Mike,
    How are the tactical trousers working for you. Hopefully not too hot. How is the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, they are my favorite pair so far! They fit water bottles in the top pockets so I don't ever have one to far away. The weather is hot, about 110 during they hieght of the day but amazingly you get used to it pretty fast. You also find great value in finding shade. I will be moving to a new FOB this weekend and it is a few degrees hotter there on average. The weather is the same every day, dusty and dry. There is no rain in the forcast. Other than that I am meeting an array of people from many different cultures. I am also now being spirtually fed as I have moved past the initial attach. Please continue to pray as I do for all of you. That support has produced such blessings for me. Please let the Prayer Team know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I want to welcome Wendy and Scott to the blog. Hope you enjoy it. Please post something when you visit. Scott, hopefully I will speak to you once I settle for good. I have a tent waiting for me at another location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just also noticed that my brother Jeff has joined in. Thank you. Hope all is well and the house is becoming a home for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, dear brother. God has His people everywhere, doesn't he? I know when my son, Caleb, was in Irag,he found sweet fellowship with a couple of civilian kitchen workers on base - men full of faith and love. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you David. Yes He does have his people everywhere. I did get your pictures, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, I think your communications about your situation will help to make us all more aware of our need for God and each other and to continually examine what we are doing here in this (brief) segment of our life in eternity. Your in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.
    .. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a place! It's only 52 degrees here at 6:30AM with a high of 74 expected. Beautiful clear day and dry (but not as dry as where you are, I'm sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gary,

    Thank you for the encouragement. It was a stark wake up call for me, I found out how vulnerable we all are at times. Any one of us could find ourselves in a situation that is absolutely devastating. We think that we are strong spiritually until we are in a dire situation. I will never take forr granted the luxury of my life.

    Please continue to bring others to the blog. Also please use you Gifts to help and encourage others as you do me.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mikie,... I Imagine the iPad Touch Keyboard & Your King Kong Hangs & giggle a little bit. I Wonder if you could rig a pair of thin leather bike gloves, with a kind of tip on the fingers, to facilitate 'tapping' the touch screen.
    (just a friendly giggling)

    (not sure if you saw my comment on your
    last post, so some of this is re-iterations)

    I've spoken to a few buddies over time, who did time over there & they had mentioned plenty of military & civil 'services'. One guy had spoke of a group thingy too.

    When will you be able to post a few pics?

    I was Trying to Post a DUST Photo Collage,
    but seems We Can't Include such things here.

    _______ So I BLOG'd it to SEE Here _______
    =========You Able to See My Blog??========

    http://jabro-whatevers.blogspot.com/2010/06/dust-in-kandahar.html

    Blessing's Jeffrey,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can post pictures when I get a camera. I am trying to survive on the bare minimum. I don't want to have to do this twice!

    It is very good to hear from you. For all that do not know JaBro is my brother.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Speaking from Knowing, 'Bare Mimimal' is
    a Fine Teacher & Good Friend,;-))

    I hope U {clicked} over to My BLOG Post {link} above & saw The Neat Photo Colleague I did of the Dust at Kanda. I Wanted to Post it on Your Comments here, But maybe you can grab it from my BLOG & then from your profile here, 'add photo'. I'm sure most people, know the DUST There from TV...

    Please Feel Free To & Delete My Way To Many Wordy Comments, after you see them & if they are Overly... Big Cheers Brother,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michael!
    Dad passed on your blog site and I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for you. I will be following your blog and cheering you on!

    Love, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the prayers and the thought. I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete