Monday, June 28, 2010

I have arrived!

Well made it into Kandahar on Saturday afternoon. Wow, this is something. Being a NATO base there are soldiers from everywhere. Equipment everywhere, yes all of the stuff you would imagine seeing.

As far as the dust, it is worse than I even imagined. Everything is tan, everything. Even the sky as the dust hangs in the air. The sun sets and moon are strange to say the least. You become dirty within a few minutes of being outside. Dust in your eyes and in your nose. I had to buy a camel neck, kind of a tight scarf thing that you can pull up in dust storms and while driving.

I have been struggling with sleep. Onlty about eight hours over the last four days. Didn't sleep on the flight over from US. No sleep in Kuwait even the the accomodations were neat to say the least. First night here my roomate snored and then last night I was finally able to get five hours. Cathy engauged the prayer team for me and it definately helped as God brought several people immediately into my life to help. Satan was and has been messing with my mind, mostly from the sleep but none the less it very trying on me. The gaurd I spoke to at 01:00 said she found her strength in the Lord and knew she would be ok. This was followed by a late dinner with two other people that really helped me move past some issues. Then this morning, Jon, theguy who is training me began to speak about his faith in Jesus. He told me a tremendous story of he and his wifes new faith in Christ. As I write we are having lunch listening to Christian music. The Lord does provde refuge to those who seek Him. Last night was that occasion for me. Oh yeh, and Ethan answered His phone even when he didn't recognize the number. Thank you brother.

Please continue to pray against these attacks on me as I must be able to move past these hurdles so that I can glorify Him.

I never thought I would be tested so strongly so quickly. It only goes to let me know that perseverance will be my challange but ultimately will bring me closer to Him.

I love you all and am glad that I have not only Jesus Christ but also Christs children, you all, behind me.

I will be here for a week and then move out to my next destination. I will post when I can.

With all my love and now in His Grace,

Michael

PS - Please share these with the mens group and anyone else who may be interested. Thanks for the post Don, and Gary is MTBman you?

9 comments:

  1. Yes, MTB Man is me, Gary.

    I'm sure you're going to need adjustment time. Surely you have jet lag at least.
    Hang in there. We're praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary, I appreciate your support. Actually in my next post I will include the subject matter of todays email, agreat testomony to Gods grace and the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Rob and Dean good to see that you visited. Would like to know who Happy Pilgram is if I could. This is a good forum for me to communicate with you all so please spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael,

    Not sure my first attempt at a post made it but maybe this one will. I was thinking about suggesting a journal but you were one step ahead. Hang in there and keep us all posted.
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dad, good to see you here. It is getting easier evryday. I am still trying to figure out the Job as there is a lot to do. Many hands in the pot. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike

    I know you and like you say "it is all about the process". You know how to dig into that and disect it and find the most efficient way of getting the product done right.

    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings Mike

    I remember THE DUST from Desert Storm,;-)

    Great Ur Connecting w/ Supporters.
    Remember & Follow, Your ABC's

    I was Trying to Post a DUST Photo Collage,
    but seems We Can't Include such things here.

    _______ So I BLOG'd it to SEE Here _______
    http://jabro-whatevers.blogspot.com/2010/06/dust-in-kandahar.html

    Blessing's Jeffrey,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael -

    Thanks for sharing your journey with us. You're in my thoughts!

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete